TD Canada Trust $250 Cash Offer (credit card and payroll requirement) | General financial discussion | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
TD Canada Trust $250 Cash Offer (credit card and payroll requirement)
August 22, 2011
4:27 pm
Jenna
Members
Forum Posts: 82
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"Open a new Infinity or Select Service chequing account2 with convenient banking services and be approved for one of our premium credit cards and you could get a cash bonus of up to $250."

http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/reason36/

Open either (by Oct 14, 2011):

A new Infinity Account – a worry-free chequing account that gives you unlimited transactions
OR
A new Select Service account – a premium, all-inclusive account where virtually all of your everyday banking needs are covered
AND
Be approved for one of our premium credit cards (TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card, TD Platinum Travel Visa Card or TD Gold Elite Visa Card)

AND (Do this by Nov 30, 2011):

Complete one recurring and eligible regular Direct Deposit
AND
Complete two Bill Payments (via Pre-Authorized Debit or EasyWeb) OR sign up for Simply Save ®
AND
Complete at least 10 purchases3 with your new eligible select TD Canada Trust Credit Card

August 23, 2011
12:54 am
msl
Guests

Hahaha, so TD tries to grab what ING is getting at, I guess.

This is just uncool for me. What a wrong timing.
I just set-up my direct payroll deposit with PC Financial.
Too late for me for this one. X-(

August 23, 2011
4:04 am
Jenna
Members
Forum Posts: 82
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

msl, I did not look into TD's "premium" credit cards, but I am guessing that there is an annually recurring fee. I have not looked into the bank accounts either, but they do not appear to be free accounts (guessing this by the omission of the word "free").

They also offer a $150 deal, with the same timeline of dates as in my original post:

Open either:

A new Infinity Account – a worry-free chequing account that gives you unlimited transactions

OR

A new Select Service account – a premium, all-inclusive account where virtually all your banking needs are covered.
Complete one recurring and eligible regular Direct Deposit.

AND

Complete two Bill Payments (via Pre-Authorized Debit or EasyWeb) OR sign up for Simply Save.

August 26, 2011
10:02 pm
H
Guests

Jenna,

According to TD's website:
Unlimited transactions
Annual fee waived only for the Primary Cardholder and one Authorized User for one of the following TD Credit Cards: TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite*, TD Platinum Travel Visa or TD Gold Elite Visa Card.1 (value of up to $170)
Note: Annual fees cannot be waived for more than one TD Credit Card Account
Free small Safety Deposit Box (a value of $42.50)
Free personalized cheques (a value of up to $53)
Free certified cheques and money orders (a value of $10)
Free cheque image returns (a value of $2.00)
Free CDN/US Dollar drafts (a value of $7.50)

1 Annual fee waiver applies only for the Primary Cardholder of one of the TD Canada Trust Credit Card Accounts listed and one Authorized User for the same Account for as long as the Select Service account remains open. All other applicable fees and charges for the listed TD Canada Trust Credit Card Accounts continue to apply.

2 $20 discount on first year's annual fee for a new TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite Card, TD Platinum Travel Visa Card or TD Gold Elite Visa Card applied for at time of account opening.

I believe as long as you hold the Select chequing and keep a minimum of $5000 in the account, you're good to go.

Jenna said:

msl, I did not look into TD's "premium" credit cards, but I am guessing that there is an annually recurring fee. I have not looked into the bank accounts either, but they do not appear to be free accounts (guessing this by the omission of the word "free").

They also offer a $150 deal, with the same timeline of dates as in my original post:

Open either:

OR

A new Select Service account – a premium, all-inclusive account where virtually all your banking needs are covered.
Complete one recurring and eligible regular Direct Deposit.

AND

Complete two Bill Payments (via Pre-Authorized Debit or EasyWeb) OR sign up for Simply Save.

Please write your comments in the forum.