October 2021 USA Inflation | General financial discussion | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
October 2021 USA Inflation
November 10, 2021
11:23 pm
Vatox
Members
Forum Posts: 1218
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 11, 2021
5:53 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

And central bankers will, once again, again say "its transitory". Biden says inflation is his top priority.... Just about anything gets said attempting to psychologically sooth the masses. sf-frown

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

November 11, 2021
8:52 am
Vatox
Members

dougjp said
And central bankers will, once again, again say "its transitory". Biden says inflation is his top priority.... Just about anything gets said attempting to psychologically sooth the masses. sf-frown  

I think that stance will backfire. There are too many people that can’t adapt quickly enough to this much inflation. The “transitory” inflation would have to stop within the next month, I don’t see that happening. Christmas is coming and spending is expected to rise, so that limited supply is going to show higher inflation against the higher demand.

November 11, 2021
9:29 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

Vatox said

6.2%. 30 year high!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/inflation-u-s-october-1.6243781  

Like most (if not all) of us here, I don't live in the Divided States of America.

Are Canada's inflation #'s for October out yet ... is it still around 4%, like September ❓

Asking for a friend sf-wink

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

November 11, 2021
10:21 am
Vatox
Members

Dean said

Like most (if not all) of us here, I don't live in the Divided States of America.

Are Canada's inflation #'s for October out yet ... is it still around 4%, like September ❓

Dean

Canada’s October inflation will be reported next week, Wednesday. I posted the U.S. inflation because it came out first and Canada generally follows the pattern. We will see.

November 11, 2021
10:24 am
mordko
Members
Forum Posts: 824

Dean said

Dean

You have to wait another week for October CPI. But we already know its going up.

November 11, 2021
3:27 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245

At 6% and no end in sight and no serious efforts to curb it, I would say we are in serious crisis territory. Hang on to your hats, and maybe read up on vegetable gardening.

November 11, 2021
3:47 pm
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

Loonie said
At 6% and no end in sight and no serious efforts to curb it, I would say we are in serious crisis territory. Hang on to your hats, and maybe read up on vegetable gardening.  

This article gets into detail, the 'behind the scenes' stuff, which IMO proves your thoughts are right on.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/produce-industry-warns-of-potential-shortages-as-supply-chain-issues-mount-1.5662337

I have been focusing on buying non-perishable goods on sale, which are used routinely throughout the year, as a partial hedge against inflation on other goods. So I'm part of the problem mentioned in this article...

I just hope I have the same furnace that takes the same size of filters, 2 years from now! sf-laugh (tip; in Canadian Tire's sale flyer starting today) sf-embarassed

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

Please write your comments in the forum.