Northern CU 4% daily till 04Jan2019 | General financial discussion | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Northern CU 4% daily till 04Jan2019
November 14, 2018
3:04 pm
julio
Members
Forum Posts: 139
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Northern Credit Union: When funded only between 21Nov - 24Nov 2018 inclusive, the funds will receive 4% interest until 04Jan 2019. Max 500,000. Reminder: max DICO is 250K. The Bank of Canada rate setting day is one day after DUCA promo expires. This offer gives wiggle room till next year’s January promos roll in.

Last year I used their promo, opened accounts on-line and they pulled the funds from the bank. To get the funds back, they cannot push it out. I did not explore their other options, I simply drove for 2 hours from Toronto to their closest branch in Holstein, picked up checks and deposited to another HISA on the drive back as to not lose a day of interest.

Their rep I dealt with last year, Kayla, is the same one that called me today to announce their new promo. Phone: 866-413-7071 / ext.7128, email: Kayla.Girard@Northerncu.com. I asked her for permission to post this and make her contact info available.

November 14, 2018
9:56 pm
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

4% for a month how bout for 2yrs

November 15, 2018
6:00 am
Save2Retire@55
Members
Forum Posts: 845

Thank you for sharing. I have to make sure there is a way to pull out the fund other than going there in person.

November 15, 2018
6:38 am
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

Way to pull out funds from a cu get some blank cheques from them and write it to yourself then deposit in next cu or bank there's a hold period or ask ur bank for an exception. Another way to avoid hold is to have a credit line on standby take the money against there's no interest charge unless the cheque bounces haha

November 15, 2018
3:13 pm
Save2Retire@55
Members
Forum Posts: 845

You mentioned you had to drive there to get the cheques. I suppose you tried and asked them to mail you the cheques which didn't work.

Also it is not really worth the effort for me to get another account just for 1 month.

Maybe they can do better next time.

November 15, 2018
4:54 pm
julio
Members

They offered to mail the cheque’s but I did not want to lose not even one day of interest. The idea to ask them to use a courier company did not occur to me then.
In January they just might offer extensions. Might not.

November 15, 2018
5:48 pm
Joe
Banned
Forum Posts: 207

julio said
They offered to mail the cheque’s but I did not want to lose not even one day of interest. The idea to ask them to use a courier company did not occur to me then.
In January they just might offer extensions. Might not.  

LOLsf-laugh

Tangerine....Canada's best bank. LBC.............Canada's 2nd best bank.
Hubert.....worst bank in Canada.

November 16, 2018
4:35 am
JenE
Members
Forum Posts: 416

On Northern’s website today:

THE SALES EVENT OF THE SEASON

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter LinkedIn Print
‘Tis the season to be saving! And you’ll be socking away your hard-earned dollars big time as Northern kicks off the holidays with the savings celebration of the year.

But you’ll have to wait ‘til Wednesday, November 21st for the big premiere.

Until then, follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay in-the-know, or sign up for email updates below.

November 23, 2018
11:20 am
julio
Members

The pull from Northern CU works as long as the receiving FI offers pulls, I tried it. BMO does not offer pulls and wanting to go through BMO, at the termination of their last offer I decided to drive to fetch the cheque myself.
By the way, to NCU pull on the current promo was executed within hours - meaning the funds were debited from the originating FI within hours of me initiating the pull to NCU.

Please write your comments in the forum.