Tangerine ripped me off 130$ | General comparisons | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tangerine ripped me off 130$
December 11, 2016
11:02 am
Max
Members
Forum Posts: 208
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

When the old promotion of 2.20% on new deposits ended in end Septembre, on the 6th of October, it was writing that I was benefiting of a special interest rate on the total of my account of 2.20% so I didn't move out and move my money back from Tangerine to People Trust to Tangerine back and forth because of that message. Only to realize today when I switch the language from french to english that in english it specifies that the promo interest rate applies on only NEW DEPOSITS when in french is doesn't mention nouveau dépôts at all.

So when I realized the 65$ extra promo interest rate dropped, I called and today they told me it was only on new deposits.

Lost $130, moving out again. This is gettin ridiculous seriously.

Anyone can suggest me a serious online savings account available in Quebec with a user friendly easy website, easy to open, that I won't have to move out and move in every f#?$ing 2-3 months?

The day you become free is the day you work for fun.

December 12, 2016
8:28 am
JW
Members
Forum Posts: 50

If the French version truly does not state New Deposits then you have every right to request the bonus. Escalate and when that does not get results go to the Tangerine Ombudsman. Make sure you provide Screen Prints of the French terms and conditions to support your position that they failed to state New Deposits.

December 12, 2016
9:51 am
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2786

Agree with using the French version as leverage to get what you should have gotten. The lesson here though is not to count on the French language version on anything important.

January 5, 2017
4:32 pm
Save2Retire@55
Members
Forum Posts: 845

If you took a screen shot or if the message in French still says the same thing, then do what JW #2 said. And well, I think most of us play this out / in game which is amusing!!

Please write your comments in the forum.