November 2019 targeted offers | General comparisons | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
November 2019 targeted offers
November 5, 2019
4:56 pm
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Edit by admin: this thread was split out of a discussion about a Simplii Financial promo

Everyone will be suprised 😀

November 5, 2019
6:10 pm
Good
Banned
Forum Posts: 98

Hopefully it works out for you Bud.

Every account that has a promotion he seems to be interested in. It seems like the one that is not available is what he wants.

Tangerine has a 2.75% promotion for 6 months. Simplii has a 2.80% promotion for 6 months. Bank of Nova Scotia has offer for 90 days up to 2.60%. What is stopping Bud from taking advantage of one these offers?

What is special about CIBC targeted 2.75% offer? Bud likes the challenge because he was not offered it.

I got a offer on Saturday also that was targeted. And I'm going to accept. To accept the offer have to make a new deposit of 1,000 before November 24,19. Offer is on new money for the first 5,000.00 will receive 2.05%.Anything above will get 3.00%. Offer runs from November 2,19 to April 30,2020. Promotional interest is paid monthly along with the regular. And it is from a Big institution and all deposits are insured.

I bet Bud would be trying to get this offer also because he was not targeted. I'm sure this is what he would want until it came time to make a deposit.

Before Tangerine Promotional rate expires December 31,19 move deposits to Simplii and the other institution.

Bud will still be looking to make a deposit.Hopefully he keeps everyone updated on his experiences.

Wrote this in a kind way. This site is excellent for the information and other people's experiences.

November 5, 2019
6:52 pm
Bud
Banned

Good said
I got a offer on Saturday also that was targeted. And I'm going to accept. To accept the offer have to make a new deposit of 1,000 before November 24,19. Offer is on new money for the first 5,000.00 will receive 2.05%.Anything above will get 3.00%. Offer runs from November 2,19 to April 30,2020. Promotional interest is paid monthly along with the regular. And it is from a Big institution and all deposits are insured.

Whose offering 3% till end of April Good? Why didn't you tell us before?

My offer from CM

November 6, 2019
5:24 am
Good
Banned

It is a targeted offer BUD.

I was sent a e - mail first of all. Even that was not straight forward.Had to call the CALL Centre to find out more.

After that sent back e - mail message to the women manager who sent me the offer. She wrote back a few days later confirming what I wrote was correct. She left her direct line and mobile number also on the e-mail.
Yesterday in the mail got the offer on paper.

I will be making abit over the minimum 1,000 deposit to confirm acceptance of the offer.

BUD I did not believe the offer to begin with. Once I read of this site about Simplii Financial offer.Before logging into my account their I read their terms and conditions. Waite time was to long that day. So I called the following morning at 5:45 a.m. Waited only a minute to get a nice women. I had confirmation e-mail in under 30 minutes. The other offer was not even on my mind because it is only .20@ more at 3.00%. I was not even going to accept it because it has the same expiration as Simplii. Except Simplii promotion is better because it includes Tax Free and RRSP accounts.

Slept on it for a few days and decided I will accept it. Today I will be depositing a bit above the qualifying 1,000.00 of new money to accept the offer. The only advantage compared to Simplii is that the regular and bonus interest is paid monthly.Bonus interest will start being calculated December 1,19 and posted to your account end of December 19.

It is not from a provincial only institution.Like BC credit unions that only allow accounts from BC residences or like DUCA credit union which only accepts accounts from Ontario people.

November 6, 2019
5:41 am
Bud
Banned

Good what is the name of the FI offering 3% ? could be same deal

November 6, 2019
8:18 am
Good
Banned

It started November 2,19. Interest will be calculated December 1,19.

Made my qualifying deposit today. I'm at 2.05%. Only when your deposit goes over 5,000.00 then the 3.00% starts on any funds above that level. Targeted offer runs like Simplii tell April 30,2020.Plus deposits are insured.

Simplii Financial is 2.80% with no minimum. Better because it applies to Tax Free account also.

November 6, 2019
9:38 am
Bud
Banned

It seems GOOD is playing games

I know a 3% savings deal. It's confirmed. There's a better way to try and get this deal which I'll post when Good posts the name of the 3% FI he's referring to. As always Im available via PM. Good has not replied to mine.

November 6, 2019
11:03 am
Good
Banned

The one playing games is BUD. Why can't he find one with all the offers out their?

No shortage.

Sent BUD a message that my deposit was changed by the broker to all places. B2 BANK at 3.35%. He got higher because he pools people's money and gets a higher rate. Yes it is insured .

I would have never put in their on my own. Different with a deposit broker .

We can all can keep reading about BUDS chase of interest rates . Yet no deposits. And trying to get offers that are even lower then what is out their.

BUD if you are serious and want to make a deposit then open up a account at B2B on your own or through a broker. You will receive minimum of 3.30%.And you do not have to waste your time trying to get lower targeted offers.

Wrote this in a polite way.

Excellent site for information and feed back.

November 6, 2019
1:36 pm
Bud
Banned

Good if u got somethin post it there is a SHORTAGE of deals for those who are maxed out on other FIs or deposit insure. U know everyone is interested in 3% e-deals u see how they jump on simpli cibc

Would anyone else like GOOD to post his 3% deal?

November 6, 2019
3:38 pm
Good
Banned

BUD I got even a better deal 3.35%.

At least I make a deposit. Not like someone else who does not.

You have no intention of making a deposit . Or have next to nothing to deposit. And it would not make a difference if you received even 5% on your deposit.

I'm sure others enjoy reading about how you try to get some of the offers that you were not targeted for.

I bet you were not offered the Tangerine Line Of Credit either for zero per cent interest for 90 days. That is running out shortly for most of us also.And will have to be paid back.

I enjoy reading about BUD'S experiences trying to get what he was not offered.

BUD the 3.00% offer I had yesterday is no good for me. I rather have 3.35% from B2 Bank. Why don't you go their for the offer also? Or Simplii at 2.80%?

Wrote this in a polite way.

Excellent site

November 6, 2019
8:11 pm
Bud
Banned

Good till next Friday the 15th apparently
Cibc promo rate 3% good for 120 days from process date up to 48hrs. Deal offered by branch investment securities consultant referred by financial rep.

November 7, 2019
3:10 pm
Good
Banned

Deposit broker has got me now 3.40% with B2 Bank. Plus it is insured.

On my own would not have gone near them. Saver with deposit broker.He can move the money faster.

Excellent site once again

November 7, 2019
3:14 pm
Bud
Banned

Cap on cibc 3 deal 2mill

Good 3.4 u mean on b2b savings or gic? Whose ur deposit broker

November 8, 2019
9:14 pm
Bud
Banned

Apparently cibc rolling out 2.75% to everyone else the next week

November 14, 2019
10:40 am
Bud
Banned

cibc 2yr@2.5% would you accept double down?

Please write your comments in the forum.