Innovation Credit Union $300 sign-up bonus | General comparisons | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Innovation Credit Union $300 sign-up bonus
November 6, 2020
2:16 pm
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1405
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Innovation Credit Union, which is a federal credit union based on Saskatchewan, has a $300 sign-up bonus for its no-fee chequing account (including free Interac e-Transfers) if you sign up before November 30, 2020 and complete the following:

• Use the SIGNUP300 promo code
  • Set up a direct deposit of $100 or more (with a minimum of one deposit within 90 days) OR set up a minimum $50 pre-authorized, recurring bill payment (which withdraws at least twice within 90 days)

https://www.innovationcu.ca/Personal/MemberValue/NoFeeAccount/

November 6, 2020
8:02 pm
Jon
Members
Forum Posts: 418

"A Recurring Direct Deposit is defined as a recurring payroll or pension direct deposit from an employer or the government"

I guess this won't work from CRB money from gov.

But thanks Peter, this is a very generous promotion.

November 6, 2020
8:05 pm
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

Good offer but their regular rates are less than enticing

November 7, 2020
4:42 am
topgun
Members
Forum Posts: 452

Rick said
Good offer but their regular rates are less than enticing  

Take the offer if you want. Leave after collecting promo bonus.

Have a Great Day

November 7, 2020
10:29 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4230

This is like a Canadian Credit Union Association new member offer, at least in part. If you've received a new member sign up offer from either CCUA or Central 1 Credit Union (for B.C. residents) since April 2013, all or part, as applicable, of the offer will thus not be paid.

Just FYI.

Cheers,
Doug

November 7, 2020
3:36 pm
JenE
Members
Forum Posts: 416

I’ve just been looking at Innovation CU site and it appears they’ve changed the terms, ie bill payments are no longer an option:

“The $300 New Member Offer
Between September 23, 2020 and November 30, 2020 (the “Offer Period”) Qualifying Account Holders* are eligible for a $300 Innovation Credit Union New Member Bonus (the “Offer”), provided the following terms and conditions are met:

Terms & Conditions
1. Eligibility
*Qualifying Account Holders must be a new customer to Innovation Credit Union, be 18 years of age or older, be a Canadian resident, meet Innovation Credit Union’s membership and account opening approval criteria, and cannot have been an Innovation Credit Union member since January 2015.

2. Offer Conditions
Qualifying Account Holders will be eligible to receive the $300 Offer after (i) they successfully open an Innovation Credit Union No-Fee Bank Account, (ii) they fund their membership share (a minimum of $5.00), and (iii) Set up at least one automatic Recurring Direct Deposit totaling at least $100 into their No-Fee Bank Account, and have the Recurring Direct Deposit(s) credited to the No-Fee Bank Account within 90 days after successfully opening the Account. A Recurring Direct Deposit is defined as a recurring payroll or pension direct deposit from an employer or the government”.

November 17, 2020
5:20 pm
randy
Members
Forum Posts: 9

Second try finally got through on the phone and found out the promo was terminated early, 13 Nov.

November 17, 2020
6:36 pm
Hmm
Members
Forum Posts: 106

I think a lot of people are going to be upset when they find out this credit union will wiggle their way to declining the promotions they're offering eg. minimum $50 pre authorized bill payments and referrals. Let's hope I'm wrong in my assumption for those who managed to sign up.

November 17, 2020
7:19 pm
topgun
Members
Forum Posts: 452

I think they are trying to imitate some big banks promos. I did this with a few big banks. Good deal. Very little time to do and you collect $300. I would expect a lot of people would sign up.

Have a Great Day

November 18, 2020
8:52 am
Bruford
Banned
Forum Posts: 229

I did an online chat with Innovation to ask when I would receive the promo $300 as I had already fulfilled their requirements.. The rep said I would receive it, but not when. I kept a transcript of this chat, just in case.

Please write your comments in the forum.