EQ changing GIC cancellation term on May 5, 2018 | EQ Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
EQ changing GIC cancellation term on May 5, 2018
April 5, 2018
2:05 pm
frugal lady
Members
Forum Posts: 191
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

EQ is changing the right to cancel a GIC purchase to 1 day from effective purchase date (I believe it is currently 10 days) EQ-NEW-GIC-MAY-5-18.JPG

July 4, 2018
3:58 pm
yesmath
Members
Forum Posts: 18

Since they're open 7 days a week, if I buy on a Friday, does that mean I have until Sat 11:59pm for buyer's remorse?

July 4, 2018
5:46 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6766

I don't think Saturday is a business day under their GIC Agreement:

Effective and Maturity Dates

For a purchase made on a business day, your GIC’s Effective Date will be the date of your purchase. For a purchase made on Saturday, Sunday, federal holiday or publicly-observed holiday in Ontario (non-business days), the Effective Date will be the next business day after the date of your purchase. You will be notified of the Effective Date at the time you purchase your GIC.

The Maturity Date of your GIC will be the day after your GIC Term ends. You will be notified of the Maturity Date at the time you purchase your GIC.

Note: Effective and Maturity Dates are based on Eastern Time; for example, a purchase made at 10:00 p.m. Pacific Time will be considered to be made at 1:00 a.m. Eastern Time the next day.

Please write your comments in the forum.