EQ Bank maintenance Oct 11 to 14, 2019 | EQ Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
EQ Bank maintenance Oct 11 to 14, 2019
October 8, 2019
11:33 am
Shawguy
Members
Forum Posts: 203
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Just got this via email...

We want to remind you that starting on Friday, October 11th at 10:00 p.m. EST, our online and mobile banking platforms will be unavailable, estimated to last until Monday, October 14th at 10pm EST.

During this time, our team will be working hard making changes “under the hood,” so we can continue to make banking even better for you.

In this maintenance window, your EQ Bank account (including Interac e-Transfer® and bill payments) will be inaccessible. If you need to transfer funds or pay a bill, please sign in to your account to do so before Friday, October 11th.

Rest assured that any scheduled or recurring transactions set up prior to the maintenance period will go through as scheduled.

We apologize for any inconvenience our tune-up may cause. On the bright side, we’ll be back up and running better than ever. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Your EQ Bank Team

October 8, 2019
5:19 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 5464

I don't like that word "estimated" on the up-and-running projection, although it may be prudent.
I have GICs maturing on Oct 11 and 15 and was intending to transfer both out on 15th.

Dos anyone know what time of day the GICs are likely to be redeemed?
Maybe, if it's early enough, on I can (on the 11th) schedule a transfer for the 15th for the first redemption. I don't want to transfer it on the 11th because its's going (temporarily) to a non-interest-bearing account and I don't want it stuck there over th long weekend.

October 8, 2019
8:53 pm
Jon
Members
Forum Posts: 295

Loonie, maybe you can call EQ to seek some type of special arrangement.

On a side note, I am told by an agent that they are offering joint account after the update....
I will keep people posted.

October 9, 2019
3:48 am
krwilson
Members
Forum Posts: 57

Loonie said
Dos anyone know what time of day the GICs are likely to be redeemed?

I have had a number of GICs mature with EQ over the past week. Each one has sent me an email between 4-4:30AM EST (Ontario) when it is transferred to my account.

Hope this helps.

October 9, 2019
3:54 am
Loonie
Members

Thanks for the info, Jon and kwilson. It is helpful.

I believe it was last January when one of their CSRs assured me that joint accounts would be available sometime this year, unspecified. There is a thread about that somewhere. Maybe he really knew what he was talking about - I hope!
If that's their reason for shutting down for 3 whole days, then perhaps I'll forgive them.

October 12, 2019
2:28 am
Loonie
Members

I was able to schedule my transfer-out for Oct 15 before the site went down.sf-smile It's nice to have it out of the way.

I noticed that revised T & C were in the Message box, effective Oct 14 2019 but found no reference therein to joint accounts - and no changes that i found significant.

I did notice this on another page: "For accounts opened on or after February 21, 2016, the maximum balance per customer is $200,000." It used to be $100,000 + interest. I don't know when it changed. However, I wouldn't go over 100K due to insurance limits.

Please write your comments in the forum.