DUCA 2.5% HISA Promo 2020 04 02 | Page 3 | DUCA Credit Union | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
DUCA 2.5% HISA Promo 2020 04 02
October 7, 2020
1:02 pm
HISAhopper
Members
Forum Posts: 186
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

LeBronBMT said
I don't know how you guys are doing this. I tried to link an external account to the 2.5% account. The verification deposits were deposited (1 cent and 12 cents) and then immediately rejected. There are literally two lines on the account's recent transactions list that says "External Deposit (Rejected) Miscellaneous Payments" next to a -0.01 and -0.12 respectively.  

just curious what is the last 4 digits of you Park account if you don't mind?

October 7, 2020
1:07 pm
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 215

Well, that's certainly interesting, LebronBMT
I was fearful of something like, but hasn't happened-- yet, anyway
Reading your note caused me to go back and check
All's still well-- although it was a little weird-- when I went to log in, they forced me to enter in the 3 security quesitons,-- which I had done way back when I first opened the account.
I just selected the same questions, same answers-- and it seemed content with that
Maybe Big Brother is watching?

October 7, 2020
5:25 pm
mecassa
Members
Forum Posts: 17

Same thing happened to me.

"External Deposit (Rejected)".

I already had my account linked. Mine was for a transfer.

October 7, 2020
5:39 pm
BillieBob
Members
Forum Posts: 151

LeBronBMT said
I don't know how you guys are doing this. I tried to link an external account to the 2.5% account. The verification deposits were deposited (1 cent and 12 cents) and then immediately rejected. There are literally two lines on the account's recent transactions list that says "External Deposit (Rejected) Miscellaneous Payments" next to a -0.01 and -0.12 respectively.  

I am having the same experience. The verification deposit from Hubert was not rejected in my Park account when received on Oct 5 but the larger transfer in today was rejected. Of course, it's not showing up in my Hubert account and has been rejected by DUCA so I guess it's out there somewhere. Hopefully, I'll see it again at Hubert tomorrow. It appears that DUCA has closed the loophole that others had discovered.

October 7, 2020
6:16 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 787

That is very unfortunate.... but not unexpected.

October 8, 2020
5:41 am
harbottle
Members
Forum Posts: 25

I just transferred over a large deposit yesterday. Waiting to see if it gets rejected.

October 8, 2020
5:48 am
mustang
Members

I made a small transfer deposit yesterday from LBC. It's gone from LBC, of course, but hasn't shown up anything on DUCA site. I guess it's "out there"

October 8, 2020
6:24 am
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 294

My micro-deposit on Oct. 6 was rejected but re-deposited on Oct. 7 without rejection so far. If you successfully transferred your fund to your earn more park account, please let us know.

DUCA.JPG

October 8, 2020
9:25 am
mecassa
Members

My deposits were rejected, then again deposited, stayed for one day, and now rejected again.

"Descriptive Withdrawal
reject deposit oct 07 20
EQUITABLE BANK "

October 8, 2020
6:48 pm
emax1234
Members

I had two successful transfers (from EQ and Tangerine) earlier this week but then had two new ones (from EQ) rejected today.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the previously-successful transfers -- will they continue to earn the 2.5%?

October 8, 2020
7:24 pm
mustang
Members

Well, my small transfer from LBC showed up tonight at DUCA-- and got rejected
So, I guess they have shut this down
Now, I'm curious about, does the money go back into my LBC account?
Hopefully no nsf type charges anywhere

October 8, 2020
8:14 pm
mecassa
Members

hopefully. 🙂

October 9, 2020
12:09 pm
mecassa
Members

Got two emails from EQ today:

"alert@eqbank.ca

to XXXXX

Hi XXXX,

Your request to link an external bank account to your EQ Bank profile has been cancelled. The two deposits we tried to post to your external account have failed.

Please ensure your external account is:
1) An active bank account in good standing, and
2) A Canadian funds account

If this is correct, please verify your account number and submit your request again.

Thank you for banking with EQ Bank."

and a more personal one:

"Hi XXXX,

Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction of $XXXXX scheduled on 10/05/2020.

Please Call EQ Bank for more details.

Thank You,
Paul M"

Looks like this method has been completely shut down. My previous funds that I transferred are still in the DUCA park account. Hopefully they will get 2.5%.

The failed funds have not yet been deposited back to the EQ account. 🙁

October 9, 2020
12:20 pm
BillieBob
Members
Forum Posts: 151

Email I received from Hubert this morning re: rejected transfer to DUCA Park Account on Oct 7.

Hi XXX,

We were unfortunately unable to complete the transfer you initiated from your account in the amount of $XXX.

The original transfer was rejected from the other Financial Institution with the code Invalid/Incorrect Account No.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have questions about transferring funds to and from your Hubert accounts, please give us a call at 1-855-4HUBERT (1-855-448-2378) or send us an email at hubert@happysavings.ca.

–––––––––––––––

I checked with Hubert yesterday to ask if I will be charged a fee for the rejected transfer and was told there is no fee. The funds showed back at Hubert this morning.

(A micro-deposit of $0.20 by Hubert on Oct 5 was not rejected and is still in the Park account.)

October 9, 2020
12:52 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6766

BillieBob said
… 
The original transfer was rejected from the other Financial Institution with the code Invalid/Incorrect Account No.

(A micro-deposit of $0.20 by Hubert on Oct 5 was not rejected and is still in the Park account.)

That looks like Payments Canada Standard 007 return reason code 912 for INA (Invalid/Incorrect Account No.).

It does appear that DUCA noticed people doing direct deposits into the Park account through this backdoor and decided to closed it.

October 9, 2020
1:22 pm
mecassa
Members

For those in the same boat, my money just showed back up at EQ. It does not appear to have a hold on it and (so far) no fees have been levied against my EQ or DUCA account.

October 9, 2020
2:34 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6766

I would not expect a hold on funds returned from a direct deposit attempt.

EQ Bank pushed the funds to DUCA. The deposit was rejected and DUCA pushed the funds back to EQ Bank.

October 9, 2020
8:14 pm
mustang
Members

My wandering transfer found its way back home to LBC
But they did nick me for $5.00 Account Returned item Fee
That'll teach me

October 9, 2020
9:19 pm
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632

Sometimes, some things are best left unsaid. It is quite possible that someone from Duca read the numerous comments here and/or on the RFD Forum, which prompted "plugging the hole" - the stoppage of the obviously unintended continuation of the ability to move funds into the 2.5% promo account "through the back door". While all contributors to these forums provide such a valuable and helpful exchange of information, this "error" by Duca should probably not have been shared here. Perhaps, only legitimate promos should be discussed, while errors uncovered should be kept private to avoid being overturned.

October 10, 2020
8:24 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 982

GR said
Sometimes, some things are best left unsaid. It is quite possible that someone from Duca read the numerous comments here and/or on the RFD Forum, which prompted "plugging the hole" - the stoppage of the obviously unintended continuation of the ability to move funds into the 2.5% promo account "through the back door". While all contributors to these forums provide such a valuable and helpful exchange of information, this "error" by Duca should probably not have been shared here. Perhaps, only legitimate promos should be discussed, while errors uncovered should be kept private to avoid being overturned.  

Hmmmm! and all this time I thought I was the only one with that enlightened point of view...(sigh).... What with all the overt discussion on the subject in open Forum, it was only a matter of time.

Well said GR!

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.