Rogersbank MC Rewards Changes Effective 2019 February | Credit card reward programs | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Rogersbank MC Rewards Changes Effective 2019 February
November 27, 2018
3:52 pm
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 978
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Announced today via email:

November 27, 2018
You asked, and we listened.
We’re making some exciting changes to our rewards program.

Starting February 2019, if you make a purchase using your Rogers Bank Mastercard, anywhere Mastercard® is accepted, you can use your cash back rewards to pay yourself back for your purchase1.

Your rewards. Your way. On your terms.

The options are endless! Mastercard is accepted at over 44 million locations worldwide, so it’s your choice how you wish to use your rewards, including:

1. RogersTM products and services
2. Gas, groceries, restaurants and other everyday purchases
3. Flights, gifts, home improvements or other big ticket purchases – and more!

The redemption process stays the same. Once you’ve earned a minimum of $20 in cash back rewards, you can start redeeming towards any eligible purchase – whenever, and wherever you want.

Additional details online at Rogersbank MC

November 27, 2018
4:01 pm
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1404

Thanks for sharing! That makes their no-fee World Elite card very appealing now, as 1.75% cash back card with effectively no-forex fee (4.0% cash back on foreign purchases - 2.5% forex fee).

November 28, 2018
4:28 pm
Save2Retire@55
Members
Forum Posts: 845

I am very happy with this card. Have been using it anywhere except for Gas and Grocery (Except Walmart, I dont have Costco membetship).

Also I saw this option many months ago and actually activated it more than 3 months ago but never could really use nor apply it to any purchase. I am going to let it sit for now till next Feb.

November 29, 2018
8:32 am
Twotons
On my bike
Members
Forum Posts: 41

Agreed. A great all round no-fee card that Rogers seems to improve every year. I churn about 4 credit cards a year for bonus points & promo rates but I always keep this card as my back-up to fill in the gaps.

November 29, 2018
2:55 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9238
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Save2Retire@55 said

Also I saw this option many months ago and actually activated it more than 3 months ago but never could really use nor apply it to any purchase. I am going to let it sit for now till next Feb.  

I'm wondering why you could never apply the credit. Could the cash registers not deal with it or did you just forget about it?

November 29, 2018
3:58 pm
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 978

Save2Retire@55 said
I saw this option many months ago and actually activated it more than 3 months ago but never could really use nor apply it to any purchase. I am going to let it sit for now till next Feb.  

The option to apply the rewards credit to purchases other than for Rogers products or services will only be available after February 2019.

Currently, rewards can only be applied to offset Rogers products or services that have been charged to your Rogers MC, in excess of $20.00. The option must be enabled and configured as a one time or ongoing redemption.

Important side note: If your Rogers MC was upgraded this past year to the World Elite card, then you need to reconfigure your rewards options manually so rewards will be applied to the NEW card number.

One would have expected this to be done automatically, but it wasn't. I discovered that glitch when my rewards were not being applied to my Rogers services monthly bill.

Stephen

November 29, 2018
5:07 pm
Save2Retire@55
Members
Forum Posts: 845

I have done the update manually as I mentioned but there was no saying that the $20 will only be applied to Rogers products on the site. Maybe a small note somewhere.

Anyway, not a big deal. Good improvement.

November 29, 2018
7:09 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9238
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

I think Stephen is right to remind us that it doesn't kick in until Feb, so rewards for 2018 would be best applied to the January bill if not already used.
I'm going to wait and see what my usage pattern is like. I don't use this card a lot right now, so it might take us more than a year to get $20 back. Depends on travel plans.

Please write your comments in the forum.