December 12, 2008
MBNA has introduced a new version of the Smart Cash card — The Smart Cash World Card (en francais — L'Argent Content World MBNA)
Smart Cash World Card Features
- 3% Cashback on the first $600 of Gas and Groceries transactions within each calendar month (Promo — 5% for the first 6 months).
- 1% Cashback on all other purchase transactions as well as Gas/Grocery purchases that have accumulated past the $600 within the calendar month.
- Price Protection: If you make a qualifying purchase with your card and find the same product advertised in Canada at a lower price within 60 days after purchase, the difference will be refunded, up to $500.
- Concierge Service: Get more free time for the things you really want to do, count on our Concierge service to book air and land travel including hotels. Any costs incurred in connection with these services are charged to your SmartCash World credit card.
- No Annual Fee.
- Automatically receive $50 Cashback Cheque when you have accumulated 5000 in MBNA points.
- Smart Cash World is a platinum plus card which comes with all the platinum benefits located here
- This card also includes PAYPASS.
This card is available to all Canadians and you can apply online or by telephone 1-877-428-6060 .
Detailed cashback transaction information available when you sign in.
Cheques are received 3-6 weeks after statement is printed
more details to follow…
EDIT: Existing MBNA Clients can convert their current Smart Cash Cards to the Smart Cash WORLD Card.
January 30, 2009
Hey, thanks for the information Djino.
Just to let our visitors know: you can't apply for the card. It is now by upgrade only, from an existing SMART CASH card.
These are the requirements:
1. Individual income of $70,000.00 or greater
2. Combined house hold income of $120,000.00
3. $20,000.00 spending in the last 12 months
If you qualify, upgrade using the following steps: from your SMART CASH online account, click 'rewards' tab. You should see the offer to upgrade through their new 'upgrade portal'. Follow the directions from there.
Source: MBNA customer service representative
I have applied here: http://www.ratesupermarket.ca/.....al-offers/
for the World card & approved, get $75 gas card. I used to have a PC Mastercard, but will use the World card from now on.
January 30, 2009
Glad you are getting the MBNA Smart Cash Card - it's great! However, I believe the card you've just applied for (listed on the website you posted) is in fact the Smart Cash card, not the 'Smart Cash World' card. You can't apply directly for the World card (see my previous post) but you may be able to upgrade!