Rates Cut to 1.75 | Canadian Tire | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Rates Cut to 1.75
July 9, 2009
4:07 pm
Steve
Members
Forum Posts: 5
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The rate for the high interest account has been cut to 1.75%

July 10, 2009
12:28 am
Jacks
Guests

I guess it's a good thing (if they keep it up) having that bonus 1% interest payout annually. Or is that subject to change as well? Also glad I got into the 3 month 1 % extra interest plan...

Overall much happier having a few bucks over there than getting 0.75% at rbc 🙂

July 10, 2009
4:26 am
Mike
Guests

Looking back, I didn't think Canadian Tire Financial was going to last this long, I thought it was more of a gimmick than anything. But boy, was I wrong. Shoulda put my money there with them rather than PCF!

Mike

July 10, 2009
8:54 am
Craig
Guests

I just finished transferring a whole whack of cash to these guys, and literally the next day they dropped their rate. I can't say I'm too surprised though, as from their perspective this is probably the best move on their part. Their new rate of 1.75% is still higher than the rest of the "full-service" online banks, but lower than Peoples Trust, which doesn't provide online access to balances. So people wanting to move their cash have to decide between lower-interest and better-features at CT, or higher interest and next to no features at People's Trust. Expect PT to lower it's rate to 2.00% soon.

July 11, 2009
7:22 pm
Rock
Guests

Canadian Tire has proven to be a real strong provider of these services, however, there are others that offer as good, if not better rates, with a full service online banking platform. I have an account with Achieva Financial for almost 10 years and while I don't do my day to day banking with them, I have always had a great experience, consistently very competive rates on Savings, GICs & my RSPs which I started moving from ING as they can't match their rates. While they do not have a bank to bank feature, they provide me cheques and an ATM card...even $1 per month is given to me for simply taking my account statement online.

So...there are very good offerings out there if you are prepared to look.

Please write your comments in the forum.