Aug 24, 2021 URL Change | Canadian Tire | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Aug 24, 2021 URL Change
July 30, 2021
8:36 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 978
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Notification on the current Cdn Tire Bank login page:

Canadian-Tire-Aug-24.png

Stephen

August 1, 2021
4:45 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4223

Nehpets said
Notification on the current Cdn Tire Bank login page:

Canadian-Tire-Aug-24.png

Stephen  

Finally! Though I've never dealt with them, they've always maintained separate online platforms and URLs, with "ctfs.com" for the credit cards and creditor insurance and "myctfs.com" for the direct-to-consumer operation (they briefly offered chequing accounts and mortgages, and even had ATMs in their stores).

They really should've taken the opportunity to procure a new domain name that fits their branding, since they've done away with the "Canadian Tire Financial Services" moniker. Indeed, they operate as Canadian Tire Services Ltd. doing business as CT Bank and their wholly-owned subsidiary is Canadian Tire Bank.

Cheers,
Doug

August 2, 2021
7:33 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1473

They might have also taken the opportunity to modernize their enrolment process ...

CGO
August 2, 2021
10:25 am
cristunity
Banned
Forum Posts: 42

So, does this mean CTB's website will no longer look like it was created by some high school student circa 1996 using MS Front Page?

August 2, 2021
2:57 pm
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

cgouimet said

They might have also taken the opportunity to modernize their enrolment process ...  

cristunity said

So, does this mean CTB's website will no longer look like it was created by some high school student circa 1996 using MS Front Page?  

CT Bank's website has always appeared to be an 'Aww Gosh' Afterthought ... it's just a little too HickBilly for most folks, including myself.

If they can't be bothered to do it right, I can't be bothered to deal with them.

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

August 2, 2021
5:07 pm
topgun
Members
Forum Posts: 452

I took a course on creating web pages when working. There were no simple programs to create fancy webpages. I used a text editor.

Have a Great Day

August 24, 2021
7:43 pm
Shawguy
Members
Forum Posts: 275

The old deposit account online banking at https://www.myctfs.com/OnlineBanking/ still works as of today, but you can now migrate the data to include with your credit card log in at https://www.ctfs.com/content/dash/en/public/login.html

When you are in the credit card account click Settings at the top then on the left side near the bottom under online profile settings you will see manage accounts in profile. That will allow you to type in your CTFS deposit account online banking user name and password and then the two profiles will be linked and now you will see your deposit accounts below your Mastercard account on the main page.

Just thought I would share the experience. As of today - Aug 24 I don't see any additional features, and the online bill pay option is still only for credit card accounts (cannot pay using deposit accounts) in case you were wondering, and still no option for E-statements on deposit accounts.
(also posted on RFD in case you see this twice)

August 24, 2021
9:09 pm
AB100
Members
Forum Posts: 6

The new site won't let you do TFSA/GIC accounts, anyone noticed that?

August 25, 2021
1:37 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 778

Another thing to note... neither the old or new site has statements for accounts but at least the old site you can print the page to get the transactions. When trying to print the transactions from the new site, the page only shows the header but the rest is blank; no transactions.

I have called in to provide feedback. Hopefully they will address this soon.

August 25, 2021
4:48 pm
user82yz
Members
Forum Posts: 5

Can confirm the print issue as smayer97 reports. I called in and after 30 minutes the connection failed just when I explained the problem to the representative (hmmm??).

Called back and gave up after one hour on hold.

August 25, 2021
6:06 pm
AB100
Members

called twice today, both were put on hold for long time, finally gave up.. don't understand why they rushed out new site that is not working in many ways?

August 26, 2021
6:24 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2864
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Looks like if someone has both the Triangle credit card and the CT bank accounts, you have to log in under different IDs cuz they are not linked in any way. Super lame

The only consolation price is for those who had signed up last year with the 20bps bonus rate promo for the bank account, it is still there.

August 26, 2021
8:54 am
Shawguy
Members
Forum Posts: 275

savemoresaveoften said
Looks like if someone has both the Triangle credit card and the CT bank accounts, you have to log in under different IDs cuz they are not linked in any way. Super lame

The only consolation price is for those who had signed up last year with the 20bps bonus rate promo for the bank account, it is still there.  

I am able to log in using my Canadian Tire MC login and I see my deposit accounts as well. We're you able to add it under settings and profile? as explained in my other post above

August 26, 2021
9:17 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

Shawguy said

I am able to log in using my Canadian Tire MC login and I see my deposit accounts as well. We're you able to add it under settings and profile? as explained in my other post above  

Don’t think I saw that under settings when I first log in to my CC profile. I ended up setting up a new login for the bank side. Will take a look again. Thanks for the tip !

August 26, 2021
11:00 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 978

smayer97 said
... When trying to print the transactions from the new site, the page only shows the header but the rest is blank; no transactions.

Annoying oversight on the web designer's part.

Workaround is to take a screenshot (eg. Windows Snip & Sketch) to produce of .jpg of the page, which van be used as a .jpg or "print to .pdf if that's your preference.

Stephen

August 26, 2021
6:27 pm
KamWest
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 318

What a cluster fudge, if you only have a bank account you can no longer sign on.

Picture0003.png

Seems like bank account customers were an afterthought and only credit card customers can now login.

August 26, 2021
6:35 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3911

Not really, KamWest, here's the link, follow the 5 steps for bank account (you can keep the old password if you like) and you're all set:
https://www.ctfs.com/content/dash/en/public/enrolment.html

August 26, 2021
6:45 pm
KamWest
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 318

Thank you Bill

The only option it gave me was to call customer service, but the link you supplied worked like a charm.

August 31, 2021
1:35 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members

AB100 said
called twice today, both were put on hold for long time, finally gave up.. don't understand why they rushed out new site that is not working in many ways?  

I called 10mins after they opened at 8am and was on hold for maybe 20mins. If you call anytime later in the day, its likely up to 1hr (done twice and gave up)

They are able to consolidate my newly created bank login profile with my existing credit card profile, so now I can see both under one account profile and now keep 2 sets of IDs. The tip is dont login to your credit card initially, as there is no indication nor direction re how you can add your bank account. Its embedded 2 layers under settings and not intuitive.

It allows adding an account to a profile but once added, it can not be deleted via self serve and need to call in.

August 31, 2021
3:26 pm
AB100
Members

savemoresaveoften said

I called 10mins after they opened at 8am and was on hold for maybe 20mins. If you call anytime later in the day, its likely up to 1hr (done twice and gave up)

They are able to consolidate my newly created bank login profile with my existing credit card profile, so now I can see both under one account profile and now keep 2 sets of IDs. The tip is dont login to your credit card initially, as there is no indication nor direction re how you can add your bank account. Its embedded 2 layers under settings and not intuitive.

It allows adding an account to a profile but once added, it can not be deleted via self serve and need to call in.  

now they allow you to login from the old site again, but they also decrease the term rate twice in 3 days.. don't understand the way of business they are doing

Please write your comments in the forum.