Alterna E-Savings up to 1.95% & TFSA now 2.05% as of Dec 14, 2017 | Page 2 | Alterna Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Alterna E-Savings up to 1.95% & TFSA now 2.05% as of Dec 14, 2017
October 26, 2018
6:28 am
Shawguy
Members
Forum Posts: 275
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Yeah I'm waiting till next week and I'll be pulling some out too.

October 27, 2018
6:52 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I wrote to them several weeks ago and told them their rates aren't competitive as 2.76% and 3% now exist, and as no doubt larger depositors are thinking of withdrawing, what are they going to do. Of course the reply was on script, ie; " we strive to stay competitive by providing accounts with high and consistent interest rates, and will continue to do so whenever possible ". Well they are right about the "consistent" part, and I don't mean it as a compliment!

Having missing increasing after 2 BoC rate increases, they need to catch up soon. TFSA saving account "withdrawal season" is Dec 1 (withdraw, be taxable for a month, deposit back elsewhere Jan 1), and we remember last year they did an initially "temporary" rate increase to March 31 on TFSA. I'm thinking that rate only stayed because we were (and still are today) in a rising rate market. November will be an interesting month.

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.