Accelerate (Crosstown Civic CU) General Meeting, Ballot and $1500 in Prizes | AcceleRate Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Accelerate (Crosstown Civic CU) General Meeting, Ballot and $1500 in Prizes
February 18, 2016
1:19 pm
kanaka
Members
Forum Posts: 1232
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Since Accelerate has customers from almost every province would it not make more sense to offer prizes to ALL customers that "vote" vs "those in attendance"? Isn't it likely that they can afford the prizes as a result of all depositors? sf-smile

February 18, 2016
6:42 pm
SavingIsGood
Banned
Forum Posts: 215

I agree. But would you vote for people you have no idea about? This is silly to send voting notices at all members. At least they could have voting on-line to save a buck and then increase interest rates.

February 18, 2016
9:19 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9238

I believe the prizes are offered precisely as an incentive to encourage attendance, so, on those grounds, the policy makes sense.

February 19, 2016
12:58 pm
kanaka
Members

SavingIsGood said

I agree. But would you vote for people you have no idea about? This is silly to send voting notices at all members. At least they could have voting on-line to save a buck and then increase interest rates.

I don't vote for CU elections, not even for our local one. Maybe I should, as it would be only based on the provided literature. And there is the downfall...how unbiased is the info? Pick the best of what you read?

February 19, 2016
5:21 pm
SavingIsGood
Banned
Forum Posts: 215

Picking 'leaders' you do not really know (just reading from pamphlets) is similar as choosing future employee by resume - all amazing achievement, saved zillions to previous company, improved everything so well that we can jump to Communism right away, etc. etc.
How about going by picture and 'love at the first sight'?

February 19, 2016
5:47 pm
kanaka
Members

SavingIsGood said

Picking 'leaders' you do not really know (just reading from pamphlets) is similar as choosing future employee by resume - all amazing achievement, saved zillions to previous company, improved everything so well that we can jump to Communism right away, etc. etc.
How about going by picture and 'love at the first sight'?

:) thus why I don't bother voting for CU elections.

February 19, 2016
10:31 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9238

You could always try asking to interview them and asking for references!

Please write your comments in the forum.