Canadian credit cards with no foreign currency exchange transaction fees:
- Brim Financial Mastercard
- Home Trust Preferred Visa
- HSBC World Elite Mastercard
- Scotiabank American Express
- Scotiabank Gold American Express
- Scotiabank Platinum American Express
- Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite
- KOHO Prepaid Visa (Premium plan)
Canadian credit cards with higher rewards for foreign currency transactions:
You get charged the ~2.5% fee on new charges but get a higher reward rate. Note that you also get charged the ~2.5% fee on returns.
- Meridian Visa Infinite Travel Rewards
- Rogers World Elite Mastercard
If you have one of the cards above and use PayPal for purchases, be sure to disable PayPal’s currency conversion!