RBC Winter 2019 High Interest eSavings Account 3% offer till April 30 | General comparisons | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
RBC Winter 2019 High Interest eSavings Account 3% offer till April 30
January 29, 2019
12:15 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 69
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Received this in email today:

At RBC, we’re always looking for ways to help you grow your savings faster. Here's your chance to earn a great rate! Move your money from another financial institution to your RBC High Interest eSavings Account and earn 3.00% interest* on all new eligible deposits until April 30, 2019.

The quicker you act, the more interest you'll earn, so don't miss this opportunity.
Act now, offer ends April 30, 2019.

*The Winter 2019 3.00% RBC High Interest eSavings Bonus offer (the “Offer”) is only available to existing clients of Royal Bank of Canada (the “Bank”) who have an RBC High Interest eSavings account on January 21, 2019 and who receive the Offer by email directly from the Bank and/or receive a notification that you are eligible to participate in the Offer when you log into RBC Online Banking (“Eligible Clients”). The Offer is only applicable to new funds of up to $500,000 (from non-RBC sources) deposited into eligible RBC High Interest eSavings Accounts from January 22, 2019 to April 30, 2019. The Promotional Interest Rate of 3.00% is calculated by adding the Bank's Regular Interest Rate (on January 22, 2019 the Regular Interest Rate was 1.20%) with the Bonus Interest Rate (on January 22, 2019 the Bonus Interest Rate was 1.80%).

January 29, 2019
3:28 pm
Jim Sherat
Members
Forum Posts: 16

Interesting ...
I'm now 4 months into the 6 month [182 day actually] Sept/18 promo with same rate; maybe that's why I've not received an email or online invitation yet, or at all?

We've actually been getting 3.15%, due to a B of Canada interest hike shortly after this promo started, and RBC raised their eSavings rate accordingly a few days later.

IF I got 'invited' between now and when my current promo ends March 28th, I wonder if they would extend it to April 30th, rather than risk me moving my balance to another FI ?

February 12, 2019
5:14 pm
dentgal
Members
Forum Posts: 121

Jim Sherat, I'm in the same sinking boat! Let me know what you decide to do. I doubt that RBC will extend the rate. I also didn't get the 3.25% promo from BMO--but I might call them. It is a pain moving money every few months 🙁

Please write your comments in the forum.