CIBC - 3 % till Oct 16 - March 31, 2019 - eSavings account | CIBC | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
CIBC - 3 % till Oct 16 - March 31, 2019 - eSavings account
October 16, 2018
4:09 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members
Forum Posts: 252
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
October 16, 2018
4:13 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members
Forum Posts: 252

Tangerine and Simplii need to up their game.

October 16, 2018
5:42 pm
gamgam
Members
Forum Posts: 109

Terms and Conditions for the CIBC eAdvantage® Savings Account Bonus Interest Offer
The following Terms and Conditions explain in detail how bonus interest can be earned on new and existing CIBC eAdvantage Savings Accounts.
General
1. The CIBC eAdvantage Savings Account (the “eSA”) Bonus Interest Offer (the “eSA Offer”) begins on October 16,
2018 and continues until March 31, 2019 (the “eSA Offer Period”). The eSA Offer applies to eligible eSAs only. Eligible eSAs
2. If an eSA is opened during the eSA Offer Period, it is eligible to earn bonus interest (“Bonus Interest”) on the full daily closing balance from the date the eSA is opened for the duration of the eSA Offer Period up to a balance limit of $5,000,000.
3. If an eSA was opened before the eSA Offer Period, it is eligible to earn Bonus Interest on the portion of the account’s daily closing balance that exceeds the closing balance as at October 15, 2018 (the “New Balance”) up to a New Balance limit of $5,000,000. If an eSA is overdrawn as at October 15, 2018, the October 15, 2018 closing balance is deemed to be zero.
4. While customers who opened an eSA(s) before the eSA Offer Period may open a new eSA(s) during the eSA Offer Period, the new eSA(s) will not be eligible for the eSA Offer. If a customer(s) opens more than one eSA under the same name(s) during the eSA Offer Period, only the first eSA opened will be eligible. If a customer(s) opens more than one eSA on the same day with the same account holder name(s), CIBC will determine which of the eSAs (if any) is eligible.
Bonus Interest and Regular Interest
5. Bonus Interest is paid monthly and calculated daily at the current rate on:
(a) each day’s full closing balance, for an eligible eSA opened during the eSA Offer Period; or (b) each day’s New Balance, for an eligible eSA opened before the eSA Offer Period.
Regular interest (“Regular Interest”) is calculated daily at the current rate on each day’s full closing balance when the final balance is $5,000 or more, and paid monthly.
Bonus Interest may be referred to as “Promotional Interest” on record keeping (i.e. CIBC Online Banking, ABMs, etc.).
For current Regular and Bonus Interest rates, ask at any CIBC Branch or visit http://www.cibc.com. Regular and/or Bonus Interest rates may change at any time without prior notice.
Restrictions
6. Bonus Interest will not be paid on funds that are transferred during the eSA Offer Period:
(a) from an eSA opened prior to the eSA Offer Period to an eSA that is opened during the eSA Offer Period; or (b) from an eSA opened prior to the eSA Offer Period to another CIBC personal bank account and then back to
an eSA.
7. Any balances that become eSA balances when another CIBC personal bank account is converted to an eSA during the eSA Offer Period will not earn Bonus Interest. “Converted” is a term used to describe when any CIBC personal bank account (such as a CIBC Premium Growth Account) is changed into an eSA, either directly or indirectly, without changing the original account number.
8. There can only be one eSA Offer on each eSA. This eSA Offer cannot be combined with any other offer on your eSA. CIBC, in its sole discretion, may change these terms and conditions or withdraw this eSA Offer at any time without notice. CIBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify, limit or revoke this eSA Offer in respect of any CIBC customer who it determines or believes is abusing or manipulating this eSA Offer.
® Registered trademark of CIBC or its subsidiaries.

October 18, 2018
5:50 pm
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

forgot to thank for postin this deal its kinda hidden

October 29, 2018
1:04 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9241

Received a promotional phone call from CIBC today about this offer. I am a CIBC non-e client, not a Simplii client.
I may move funds from Tangerine if they won't match (haven't asked yet), but I don't think I would take money from the smaller banks and CUs for this promo. I want those small banks and CUs to still be there after CIBC has abandonned this effort to steal their business. You can be sure CIBC won't sustain it, but the financial institutions that consistently offer superior rates will continue to do so.

October 29, 2018
5:02 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3919

They emailed me this offer, I immediately called them and opened an account and will park some cash there until the promo is over to get the 3% rate. My loose cash lives where the highest rate is, I don't care about anything else.

October 29, 2018
7:32 pm
Loonie
Members

I'm happy with 3.25% at DUCA for now.

October 31, 2018
4:40 am
gamgam
Members
Forum Posts: 109

Loonie said
I'm happy with 3.25% at DUCA for now.  

Ontario residents only!

December 25, 2018
8:41 pm
antinatalism
Members
Forum Posts: 4

Why isn't this on https://www.highinterestsavings.ca/chart/? I think that short-term rates ought be listed too?

December 25, 2018
10:33 pm
Loonie
Members

antinatalism said
Why isn't this on https://www.highinterestsavings.ca/chart/? I think that short-term rates ought be listed too?  

It's a short term rate with special Terms and Conditions. It would be impossible to list all those Terms and Conditions in a chart and, in my opinion at least, it would not be fair to show it compared directly with other regular accounts that do not have such terms.

December 26, 2018
12:11 am
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840

When the BIG banks (Scotia and CIBC) start offering 3% on savings, that's worrisome. The TD have always prided themselves on paying no interest at all. Maybe Top It Up and Vatox are correct, the crap is about to hit the fan.

So what should i do in preparation for the end of days... hmm?UtLc8So.jpg

Please write your comments in the forum.