June 15, 2016
3 % until March 31, 2019 for new deposits in their esavings account.
June 15, 2016
February 13, 2018
Terms and Conditions for the CIBC eAdvantage® Savings Account Bonus Interest Offer
The following Terms and Conditions explain in detail how bonus interest can be earned on new and existing CIBC eAdvantage Savings Accounts.
1. The CIBC eAdvantage Savings Account (the “eSA”) Bonus Interest Offer (the “eSA Offer”) begins on October 16,
2018 and continues until March 31, 2019 (the “eSA Offer Period”). The eSA Offer applies to eligible eSAs only. Eligible eSAs
2. If an eSA is opened during the eSA Offer Period, it is eligible to earn bonus interest (“Bonus Interest”) on the full daily closing balance from the date the eSA is opened for the duration of the eSA Offer Period up to a balance limit of $5,000,000.
3. If an eSA was opened before the eSA Offer Period, it is eligible to earn Bonus Interest on the portion of the account’s daily closing balance that exceeds the closing balance as at October 15, 2018 (the “New Balance”) up to a New Balance limit of $5,000,000. If an eSA is overdrawn as at October 15, 2018, the October 15, 2018 closing balance is deemed to be zero.
4. While customers who opened an eSA(s) before the eSA Offer Period may open a new eSA(s) during the eSA Offer Period, the new eSA(s) will not be eligible for the eSA Offer. If a customer(s) opens more than one eSA under the same name(s) during the eSA Offer Period, only the first eSA opened will be eligible. If a customer(s) opens more than one eSA on the same day with the same account holder name(s), CIBC will determine which of the eSAs (if any) is eligible.
Bonus Interest and Regular Interest
5. Bonus Interest is paid monthly and calculated daily at the current rate on:
(a) each day’s full closing balance, for an eligible eSA opened during the eSA Offer Period; or (b) each day’s New Balance, for an eligible eSA opened before the eSA Offer Period.
Regular interest (“Regular Interest”) is calculated daily at the current rate on each day’s full closing balance when the final balance is $5,000 or more, and paid monthly.
Bonus Interest may be referred to as “Promotional Interest” on record keeping (i.e. CIBC Online Banking, ABMs, etc.).
For current Regular and Bonus Interest rates, ask at any CIBC Branch or visit http://www.cibc.com. Regular and/or Bonus Interest rates may change at any time without prior notice.
6. Bonus Interest will not be paid on funds that are transferred during the eSA Offer Period:
(a) from an eSA opened prior to the eSA Offer Period to an eSA that is opened during the eSA Offer Period; or (b) from an eSA opened prior to the eSA Offer Period to another CIBC personal bank account and then back to
7. Any balances that become eSA balances when another CIBC personal bank account is converted to an eSA during the eSA Offer Period will not earn Bonus Interest. “Converted” is a term used to describe when any CIBC personal bank account (such as a CIBC Premium Growth Account) is changed into an eSA, either directly or indirectly, without changing the original account number.
8. There can only be one eSA Offer on each eSA. This eSA Offer cannot be combined with any other offer on your eSA. CIBC, in its sole discretion, may change these terms and conditions or withdraw this eSA Offer at any time without notice. CIBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify, limit or revoke this eSA Offer in respect of any CIBC customer who it determines or believes is abusing or manipulating this eSA Offer.
® Registered trademark of CIBC or its subsidiaries.
February 20, 2018
October 21, 2013
Received a promotional phone call from CIBC today about this offer. I am a CIBC non-e client, not a Simplii client.
I may move funds from Tangerine if they won't match (haven't asked yet), but I don't think I would take money from the smaller banks and CUs for this promo. I want those small banks and CUs to still be there after CIBC has abandonned this effort to steal their business. You can be sure CIBC won't sustain it, but the financial institutions that consistently offer superior rates will continue to do so.
September 11, 2013
October 21, 2013